When I click on a thumbnail on the quick gallery I get a message:
Image cannot be loaded. Make sure the path is correct and image exist.
This message is displayed because the images are not linked to their preview image files, but they are linked to attachment pages. There are two ways to fix this:
1. Open your content from the HTML tab and find the gallery shortcode – it should look like this:[gallery]
and you have to add the attribute link=”file” like this:[gallery link="file"]
2. From the Visual tab of the WordPress editor find the gallery and click on its “Edit” button. Within the new window that will be opened navigate to the “Gallery Settings” section and select the “Media File” option in the “Link to” field. After that just save the settings.
Important Note: there is an issue in WordPress 3.5.1 which raises this error (it is already reported, so we hope they will fix it for the next version) – when you insert a gallery for the first time, it doesn’t insert the link=”file” in the shortcode. So, in this case, until they fix it there are two solutions:
– It seems that it works when you follow these steps:
1. Insert the gallery
2. Click on edit and select “Attachment page” in the link option and update the settings
3. Click again on edit and select “Media File” and update the settings
after you follow these steps, it updates the shortcode attributes.
– Or follow solution 1 above.